Reply To: Teen admittedly quit trying at school

ro18zy
Participant

I’ve been through the same exact thing with my son now 16yrs old. He has gotten Ds and Fs for 2 years of high school. He is way behind and he quit school one day. I was devastated, I got angry at the school as I felt they weren’t giving him the help he needed, he wouldnt let me help him with homework, then I was mad at myself thinking I failed him. He did this when we moved and I had to put him in a continuation school because he was too behind to be at a regular high school. He became depressed and quit going.I didn’t know what to do. I had no idea this type of thing was coming. I even blamed his stepfather and asked my son if he is the problem since they bump heads some. He told me no and I even offered to leave him if he asked. He still said no and started to break down
Crying. I was so.confused and lost and let him quit school until we figured out what to do. Long story short, he is now doing home studies and goes into school only 2 hours a day in afternoon and has Wednesdays off. He is doing so well and actually on track and happy guy. I’m so glad he is ok and I hope you found a solution or some answers. It’s really tough and boy was it insane time of any life!