Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking. Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

neilbbb
Participant

Me2 such a timely post, as gr8 responses thanks ot poster and responders. “We Are Not Alone, mostly”
As mentioned. you can politely don headphones or even ear plugs. You might also if possible request part of the week to work from home.
I ended up having to politely talk to all or at least the worst offenders. Brace for relapses after a few days or overreaction and sometimes jokes at your expense.
Also you can work on people who tend to talk “over” their office to a neighbour. Some offices have adopted the disastrous layout of low partitions unfortunately, for “syngery”.
The word does get through eventually and anyway, there’s usually a minority of real offenders.
what I also tried successfully, is just kinda jump up, cover mouthpiece or phone, and loudly whisper “Client on the line” or “critical call” and it works. Or say… hey I plan to call client.