Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking. Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

MommaC
Participant

This happens to me all the time. I have 3 children and a husband who works from home. I cannot block out noise so when I am on the phone I have to go to an empty room to concentrate. When everyone starts talking at once I just tell them that my brain cannot handle everything at once and they need to slow down. In public situation I have a hard time because people think I am eavesdropping but I hear all the conversations around me and cannot tune them out. It is so frustrating and something I deal with daily. I wish there was a way to “fix” the information overload but I haven’t figured out how yet. I wish people knew how hard some things are for me, not because of what I am doing but because of how my brain processes information and time. Just know that you are not alone, many of us deal with this same situation day after day and although it does not get better at least you are not alone.