Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking. Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

sylviec
Participant

yes and often though nowadays i am able to monitor my environment well enough to make sure this pretty much doesn’t happen. My problem is that being the wife of a musician means that if i go to gigs i am often expected to be all super friendly with followers and i find this enormously difficult. \it took me about 2-3 years to get completely comfortable with the other wives and i can cope with the crowds by not being in them but sitting apart – there are venues to avoid completely though. Also people think because i am a friendly chatty person generally when 1-1 or 2-2 that i would be great to invite to parties or social occasions but i find them all deeply uncomfortable and am lucky that my DH feels the same way so we just make our excuses and leave people shocked when we explain why – they just cannot understand us and think we are weird.
But at work it is harder – can you wear ear plugs and explain to people how much it all overloads your nervous system – i used to do that when i worked in a busy office – only way i could get any work done at all