Reply To: Neurofeedback for real?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Neurofeedback for real? Reply To: Neurofeedback for real?

mitzimainer
Participant

Yes! It absolutely works! I had NFB treatment 7 years ago for my severe hyperactivess/impulsivity and it brought balance to my brain eliminating any need for meds.

Fast forward to a year ago. I started having severe depression/insomnia and low grade anxiety. It has been the worst year of my life. I gained 20 pounds, didn’t work, didn’t do much of anything. I have been taking 300 mg of Wellbutrin with a tiny bit of relief.

I finally broke down and started Neurofeedback again. Turns out being post menopause threw my brain out of whack.

I actually had my second session yesterday and was reminded of how amazing this treatment truly is.

I felt so relaxed in the “zone” I call it. It is a sense of relaxtion that I have never been able to get from
Anything else. I did not want the session to end. Can’t wait for my next one tomorrow.

I think this treatment is especially helpful for people who suffer from imblances. It makes me feel whole, calm, empowered.

Priceless

Mitzi