Reply To: PLEASE Tell me your story, I was just diagnosed & feeling confused/alone at 28

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD PLEASE Tell me your story, I was just diagnosed & feeling confused/alone at 28 Reply To: PLEASE Tell me your story, I was just diagnosed & feeling confused/alone at 28

mch08101
Participant

Hey, I just wanted to respond to your personal response up above and I am sorry it has taken so long but the last two weeks with midterms has had me running around like a chicken with its head cut off haha. First, I am so glad that my comment helped you in some way! Second, I am glad the concerta is working better, and I know what you mean by not feeling like you are getting the full benefits. I have recently had to switch medications due to insurance and I still have not found the right combination and dosage that helps me as much as my previous medication. I am just going to keep being open and honest with my doctor and hope that I figure it out again soon. All that to say don’t worry and keep working until you find the right medication and dosage for you! Third, I find that making sure I am already doing the task I want to accomplish when the medication hits my system can really help me combat some of that hyperfocus. So if you haven’t tried that you should! Lastly, that is so sweet of you to say and I feel like you have such a sweet and honest spirt too! Sending you lots of good vibes, and I think we have both found our tribe!