Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you? Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

StopWishing
Participant

@blue irises – thank you for providing your personal opinion and experiences. It’s good to hear when any person takes personal responsibility for caring for themselves and you clearly demonstrate self awareness. Perhaps for you this translates into a more balanced relationship with your significant other.

Others, myself included, have provided our own personal experiences and internal dialogue about if we would do it again. It seems the decision of most boils down to very unbalanced relationships. That on its own regardless of ADHD diagnosis is not something most people would willingly re-experience. It’s a challenging situation for the non-ADHD partner as well, and for some, these challenges are beyond our capacity to take while stayinf personally healthy and taking care of ourselves. Speaking for myself, it’s more a decision of self preservation and not a judgment on the ADHD partner. I am responsible for my happiness and health, so is the ADHD partner.

I hope this provides further perspective from a non-ADHD partner.