Reply To: Relationship help can’t cope

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Relationship help can’t cope Reply To: Relationship help can’t cope

Mabvisions
Participant

I’m in the same boat. My husband and I have been together for 7 years and it took till last year for him to finally see someone to get diagnosed. Our marriage is falling apart. He got medicated but then we lost our health insurance and can’t afford to go back yet. I keep telling him we can’t afford him to not go back. I’m the bread winner currently so, he is home during the day with our toddler. This has been the worst thing ever for his ADHD. He is supposed to be applying for jobs and hasn’t applied to more than 1 job in 4 months. This has led to him hating on my “dream job” and ripping me and it apart. We fight all the time. I feel like I’m drowning. He has angry out bursts a lot which I can’t take because I’m a trauma survivor with a Narcissist for a Dad, so yelling literally paralyzes me. I suggested marriage counseling for ADHD today but it put him on the defensive. Because I have had therapy for trauma, he uses that as why our relationship has issues even though every article I read about ADHD spouses are the exact fights we have. I can’t function like this anymore. The only thing that has made me feel better in days, was reading your post. Thank you! Thank you for helping me feel not alone.