Reply To: 30/F Just Diagnosed with ADHD-C But…

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults 30/F Just Diagnosed with ADHD-C But… Reply To: 30/F Just Diagnosed with ADHD-C But…

MrNeutron
Participant

I’m also very good at the things you mentioned, but at some point those things became like an addiction. It was at about your age or a few years younger, that I couldn’t get enough of the work I was doing. I did computer support work. Analysing and solving problems on a wide variety of computer makes and models, for a number of different companies. I was always outperforming my peers, partly due to ego. But I was constantly taking my work home in my mind. After work I was still solving problems in my head that were unresolved during that day, or any day for that matter. I loved the slightly insane pace that I could operate my mind, it was addicting. At the same time, I was also exercising excessively just to make it worse. At some point I was getting the signs of a nervous breakdown. Eyelid twitching, feeling exhausted but not able to shut it down. Then I had cycles of crashing, recovering, crashing. I don’t remember how many times that went on. There’s more but that was the beginning of some serious problems.