Reply To: It started with phentermine

MOSpEdTeacher
Participant

I started Phentermine 37.5mg yesterday (2/20) to aid in weight loss. However having had it two days, I do feel calmer, more relaxed, more alert, less stress and anxiety, and much more focused than I have been feeling lately. For example, I was so hyper focused that after teaching for 8 hours today, I was able to finish 1 IEP, start 2 others and completely finish them and respond to emails before heading home. (Lately after work, I’ve been heading home to relax because my anxiety and stress levels have been high.)

I have never been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder of any varying degree, however I have often wondered for many years if I did have ADHD, especially considering when I was a child it was suggested by my educators that I be placed on Ritilin (I was a child of the 90s).

However in taking this medication for less than 48 hours, I know the likelihood of it working that quick would be difficult, as it typically takes medication about 10 days to be absorbed into your bloodstream.

It should be noted that I am already experiencing the other side effect of insomnia. I slepted a total of about 2.5 hours last night, 4am to about 6:30, worked all day, and didn’t leave work until almost mid-night and I still feel wide awake. (However Tuesday I came home and slept from 6pm Tuesday until 7:30am Wednesday, and Wednesday 10:30am-12:30pm due to pure exhaustion.)

Have any others, aside from the individual who made the parent post, experienced being calmer, more focused, more alert, and decreased anxiety and stress while taking phentramine 37.5mg?

Thanks,
MoSpEdTeacher