Reply To: Newly diagnosed, atomoxetine not helping

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Newly diagnosed, atomoxetine not helping Reply To: Newly diagnosed, atomoxetine not helping

Angelacawein
Participant

I took it years ago for about 8 months. It did nothing for me but make me have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes and made me more hyper. They say it is non-addictive but after I quit taking it. I had bad headaches and the shakes. I believe that lasted for a week, maybe less. My doctor told me that she had other patients complain about the bathroom thing and affects the kidneys. My son was on it too and did the same thing. I tried Ritalin, Dexedrine, Adderall and Desoxyn. I was on Desoxyn for almost 4 years, then insurance wouldn’t pay for it anymore. I have been on Adderall XR now for about 7 years. I can’t live without it. The difference with and without medication is like day or night. I thought how can medication really help me, I was 35 when I was diagnosed. This was after 3 of my boys had been and medicated. I wish I would have been medicated when I was in grade school.