Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you? Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

Hi, I’m about to celebrate 15 years with my amazing husband. Like many girls, I didn’t get diagnosed ADHD until late in life. Specifically, 2 years ago, after our 8 year old got diagnosed. I wish for everyone’s sake, the diagnosis came sooner, but maybe my marriage never would have happened. Reading these responses breaks my heart. If my husband responded this way about me, I would feel worthless as a human and a mother. Yes, we have our struggles, but they can be managed. Just like anyone born with challenges, it’s not our fault, it’s our responsibility though.

Marriage is hard….for everyone. My husband manages the finances and I work hard to follow our plan. He even hired a lady to help us with laundry. We find solutions for the problems that come up. None of our friends have marriages with ADHD spouses and they ALL struggle. They all complain. Some are close to divorce and again, no ADHD.

For me, it comes down to the respect you have for each other. Knowing how much my husband loves, supports and encourages me makes me want to be a better person.

Just two days ago he told me he would marry me all over again. He hasn’t had it easy, but obviously neither have any of his friends not dealing with ADHD.

I am worth it and pray that someone feels my son is as well.