Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

TheHanarchy
Participant

I’ve had something similiar in my past too, it feels terrible. When I first graduated high school I went and got medicated (my mother didnt believe in medicating children so I’d never taken anything), and I remember being very hurt when my doctor acted suspicious and like I was an addict simply because I’d googled different ADD medications to find a good fit before hand. She thought I knew too much, I supose.

This same doctor also kept insunuating I was annorexic because the ritalin was decreasing my appetite and I was losing one or two punds a month (I was overweight btw, not thin at all). She used to threaten cutting me off from my meds unless I agreed to come in once a month to get weighed. Mind you I was an uninsured 18 year old who had to pay $200 out of pocket every month just to get my prescription.

Some doctors are really just…insensitive. They see the medication and forget to see the person behind it sometimes.