Home › Welcome to the ADDitude Forums › For Adults › Health & Nutrition › How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early? › Reply To: How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early?
I am no expert but I struggle greatly with my sleep schedule as well.
Some things that have helped me:
– Going to bed *ridiculously* early. If i wish to go to bed after 10:30, I won’t fall asleep until 2am. If I want to go to bed early I need to be in bed around 9:15.
– Sleeping for shorter lengths. someone mentioned this but over sleeping is detrimental.
– NO napping : this completely ruins your sleep schedule
– I listen to ASMR to stimulate my brain.
– I avoid my bed (this is a big one) unless I am sleeping.
– Absolutely no blue light (phone, computer) before bed. For me, thirty minutes before.
– Go outside within 30 minutes of waking up.
– I wake up better at 4:30/5am than I do at 7 or 8 am.
– Regulate caffeine intake and save it for days it is absolutely necessary.
– Put things you actually want to do first thing. If you want to wake up early so you can run and you hate running, you are less likely to get up.
– Before I started listening to ASMR, I would count. Not sheep, but just run through numbers. I would sometimes try “counting as slow as possible” and leaving enough time in between the numbers to fall asleep.
Good luck! I hope you are doing better.