Reply To: Anxiety as (generic)adderall wears off

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Anxiety as (generic)adderall wears off Reply To: Anxiety as (generic)adderall wears off

AutumnDraidean
Participant

I am so frustrated I am in tears! I called the psychiatry practice back after not hearing from them. They are very nice, no doubt about that. HOWEVER they don’t prescribe controlled substances.

File under “Whoever heard of a dump closed on Thanksgiving!” Ok I get it. I totally get it from a liability and nuisance standpoint. It just doesn’t seem like it’s going to meet my needs. I worry about dropping $200 for the first visit and $100 for followups with a practice that doesn’t use a full palette of meds. I worry that it will be hard to orchestrate meds if amphetamine salts, with some tweaking are the right course for me. My primary care doctor is sweet and I like her well enough but if I want to talk to her I have to make an appointment and pay for that too.

I’m not mad at the psychiatry practice or my primary care doctor… (big pharma on the other hand…)

The whole reason I wanted to go to a psychiatry practice was to deal directly with people who knew their way around the meds. Who could work with me to tweak things until we got them right, to rx perhaps 10 days instead of 30. someone I could call and ask a question of and maybe not run the question through an extra person or two.

Doesn’t seem the case.

I think I’m going to return to systems management and brute force to get through. It’s a damned shame.