Reply To: Vyvanse (60mg) for 10 Years

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Vyvanse (60mg) for 10 Years Reply To: Vyvanse (60mg) for 10 Years

General Chow
Participant

You need to take a break from prescription use. The biggest mistake I made during graduate school is not taking a semester off to recover from my medication. You need to eliminate your use for a long period in order to diminish your tolerance. At the very least, limit your usage to the weekdays, and abstain during holidays, breaks, etc. Your body is telling you it’s had “enough”. It’s tired of filtering drugs out of your body, and it’s definitely struggling to deal with the drug and it’s symptoms, especially given the depletion of damage-reducing and preventing nutrients necessary to keep your body from decaying such as magnesium, iron, and zinc.

By the way, magnesium is the most effective mineral for sleeping. You need it. Pumpkin seeds are the best source.

From my experience, and I know this is hard thing to do, but you need to start planning for the long-term. You can’t stay on these drugs forever. Is it feasible for you to complete day-to-day tasks without vyvanse? It might have to be. 60 mg of Vyvanse and 10 mg of adderall is alot. I’m not telling you this to scare you. I am a male approaching 30 and I can feel the effects of prescription use on my body. I know something is wrong. I have limited my use to fridays, so I can get all the work done that requires the most focus, and then use the weekend to recover.