Reply To: Is anyone else coping with Adhd and enrolled in college?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Learning Challenges Is anyone else coping with Adhd and enrolled in college? Reply To: Is anyone else coping with Adhd and enrolled in college?

MJ1981
Participant

I am not currently enrolled in school because I was able to graduate from a 4-year school and earn my Bachelor’s Degree. I’ve been where you are right now and my advice is this: Get yourself to a therapist or counselor and ask for help. They can help you figure out coping methods and tricks to help you get through school. Medication isn’t always the answer. I got through school w/out my medication and I haven’t taken medication since I turned 18 and I’m 37 now. You know that you need help so you should find it.

Another piece of advice is that maybe online school isn’t right for you; some people thrive better in a classroom setting where they can get individual attention from the teacher and where they can get support from academic advisers. You just gotta find what is right for you. Maybe try community college for awhile, maybe take fewer classes each semester. It will take you longer to graduate but maybe it’s better for you in the long-run to have fewer classes to juggle.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by MJ1981.