Reply To: Newly diagnosed…kind of annoyed it took this long!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Newly diagnosed…kind of annoyed it took this long! Reply To: Newly diagnosed…kind of annoyed it took this long!

Adhdstu
Participant

Hi,

I know how you feel. I was just diagnosed and I’m in my thirties. I am scheduled for my first meeting with the psych. or med. management and hope it all goes well but already mad and sad at the thought that my life could have been better if I had been diagnosed sooner. My kindergarten teacher (with my parents consent) had me evaluated by the psych. for my school district but he didnt think I had it. Unfortunately I am very inattentive and hyperactive but when he gave me his assessment he took me to the library in my school away from the classroom and I probably didnt display many symptoms since it was just answering his questions one on one. I tend to be fine with that sort of thing. Not sure if he also observed me in the classroom too but dang something was missed! And how could I or my family or someone I knew not push me to get reassessed until now?! Finally my wife and I knew I had to go get seen this year.