Reply To: Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class Reply To: Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class

Angelacawein
Participant

As a mother with ADHD and four children with ADHD, three boys 27, 24, and 15. My daughter is 7 and ADHD. As a parent you can only help your children if you know as much as you can about their disorder. Some people think that medication alone will fix their child. Sadly enough some parents don’t know that for your child to succeed there needs to be counseling/therapy, parenting skills, and medication. I assuming that your son is ADHD and on medication? Your doctor should have referred a counselor for your son to see for behavior therapy. If not you should talk to them about finding one. At the beginning of the school year I email the teacher and tell them who I am and my child’s name. Explain to them that my child has ADHD and if there are any problems to email or call me. Have you asked your son what he did to get his desk moved? You can’t be mad at the teacher, she has an obligation to all of the other students in her class. If moving his desk has solved the problem and he is able to stay in class. Communication with the teacher is a must.