Reply To: New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice Reply To: New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice

I know I’m coming into this late, but I wanted to offer a word or two of caution. Adhd guys, being prone to excessive behaviours – well, my guy is an alcoholic. (Not unusual with ADHD men.) After years of abuse, chronic thiamine deficiency has led to brain damage. Look up something called “Korsakoff’s psychosis”. Basically, it means that he unknowingly makes up facts and memories because his memory is like swiss cheese. Add that annoyingness to incessant, excessive talking, and the usual male stubbornness… it’s so bad that his very presence is an assault and it’s making me crazy…and he is so in denial about everything that he has no idea. He is increasingly idiotic each year, and I can’t stand him. It’s socially embarrassing. Adhd alcoholics are horrible to be around. If that seems to be an ingredient early on, pay attention to this red flag and detach yourself! Run away!! Save yourself before your health and wellbeing are eroded!