Reply To: Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class Reply To: Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class

support mama
Participant

As a teacher and a mother of a 13 year old who has ADHD, I’m appalled at what I just read. As a teacher I can tell you that it’s hard to teach a class when there are distractions and children with ADD/ADHD can be harder to engage during lessons. But putting a child in a corner to face the wall!!! It’s just unacceptable. The icing on the cake is that she isn’t responding to your emails. As a teacher we have 24 hrs to return a parent’s call or email. I can say that she is probably trying to diminish any visual distractions that cause him to be distracted but there are other ways to do that. She needs to speak to the school counselors for strategies to help him be more successful. Please send an email to the principal and let her/him know that this is going on and that the teacher is not responding to your emails and that you want to be seen ASAP! Good luck.