Reply To: Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria? This is what's ruining my life?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria? This is what's ruining my life? Reply To: Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria? This is what's ruining my life?

Chickster
Participant

And yet still no way to resolve this. Because these are very powerful & overwhelming feelings that strike in an instant so therapy doesnt help. Therapy is just another thing to fail at – or more importantly another way to hope & have those hopes dashed.

Other ideas – make more money somehow, anyhow (walk someones dog, babysit, rent your place out on Air bnb when youre not there, sell stuff you dont need) & buy the drugs. Online if not through a doctor – guanfacine & clonidine are not controlled substances.

Its all very well & good to try ‘traditonal’ therapeutic approaches (counselling or whatever) to try & boost your self esteem but this is pernicious & doesnt go away – the minute something happens its back. I dont think anyone who has ADHD & has this would disagree that you can try approaches to HELP this – but its ELIMINATING it that matters.

I dont care if I can ease it using mediaton (which does help – the Vedic one) if its going to catch me out when I start a new relationship, or am tired, or have just been criticised. Because when it strikes it can ruin that budding relationship or dash the self esteem you have spent so long trying to build up. After all how can you feel good about yourself if youve got this waiting in the wings??? Seriously. Just make it stop because anything else is no use at all.