Reply To: Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class Reply To: Child’s desk placed in the corner apart from class

fuscia
Participant

At one particular school, because the teachers all talked to each other, my desk was put by the teachers from 3rd grade through 5th. Needless to say, this singled me out as different and weird, alienated and ostracized me from my peers and encouraged a certain amount of bullying. I wasn’t hyperactive in class, just horrendously bored and would draw comics and share them with my neighbors.
I think they can’t single out kids anymore like this, so I would get in touch with the principal, and then the Superintendent over your school system and then if need be the super over the state. I’ve had to do that with bus issues. My daughter might have ADHD or Autism, but she’s so freakin smart she can learn the boring crap easily, where my mind spit it out like a baby refusing to eat something it thought was gross.
I know this makes you feel alone, but you are not alone, we are here to support you, and I’m sure other mom’s would rally at your side. No mother wants to see their child singled out, and I’m sure they would support. Call your school out on Facebook, get the issue some needed attention if they just try to ignore your concerns.
We are with you!