Reply To: S.O.S. Trying to explain why I need private time afterwork

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults S.O.S. Trying to explain why I need private time afterwork Reply To: S.O.S. Trying to explain why I need private time afterwork

Inkpool
Participant

rowan: Thank you for your response. This definitely can’t be resolved in a single sentence and 36 years of history and context is more than anyone needs to know about a problem. I appreciate you pitching in. Also, glad I am not the only one talking to myself in the car! Having the slip ups or things I expect to encounter on replay mode in my head but then speaking them out loud is (as keliemm mentioned) oddly cathartic…. At least I know others are doing the same and I don’t look too weird to my surrounding drivers;) Happy to meet another member of the, “Car Convo with Myself Club.” Know a better name???

Chuk: LOL. I think that is what happens when my mom comes home. She wants to tell me everything…… and I mean EVERYTHING as well… What happened at the doctor, what the doctor asked her, what her responses are, what she didn’t like about the toast she got at whatever restaurant her and my father went to for brunch and why I need to know what she learned about ordering off that particular menu so that I can apply it to when I order from that particular menu from a place I have never been to…. It is her way… it is not mine…. but progress is being and I think it will continue to do so as long as I keep to my end of the promise of not coming out of my room for quality time.

keliemm: Thank you so much!!! happy to have you in the “Car Convo with Myself Club” too 😉 Pitch in if you also know a better name;)