Reply To: Excessive suspicion of Ritalin abuse- Is this normal???

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Excessive suspicion of Ritalin abuse- Is this normal??? Reply To: Excessive suspicion of Ritalin abuse- Is this normal???

Sweetcheecks
Participant

My daughter is on ritalin and for her next refill they said she will have to leave a sample to make sure it is in her system. They wanted to do it at her last fill but since it was holiday break she was not taking them. My daughter is 6. I find it stupid to make a 6 year old do a drug test but whatever. I am on Adderrall however and not have been tested yet with a refill from my provider (different dr but same business) i do know with the group of clinics we go to they do have a policy you have to sign that states we can be tested at any time for it however we signed for my daughter but i have not had to sign one with my provider. I think that its even more stupid considering we have been goin there for awhile and i even used to work with her provider. It makes it difficult cus ritilian does only stay in your system for up to 48 hours and on the weekends she goes to her birth moms where we do not send her the medication. I think her dr could be over causious but if she were to end up making me drag my 6 year old in every month to try to give a sample just to get her RX when my daughter has bladder control issues to begin with i will be PISSED. I understand once a year or even once every 6 months for seekers but for a 6 year old? Come on!