Reply To: Really struggling, any advice appreciated please

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Really struggling, any advice appreciated please Reply To: Really struggling, any advice appreciated please

jfrutrx
Participant

While the phone has become a problem for society at large and it doesnt matter age or gender. We are all somewhat addicted. As a non ADD spouse i have come to refer to my husband phone as his mistress he certainly touches it more than he does me these days. I think that it is extra hard for ADD sufferers to find a way away from phone. I know if the phone dings my husband will read the text and often navigate onto 15 sites before putting it down an hour later. It sets a terrible example for the children. Can you leave it in the car when you get home? Hidden under seat and lock car of course. Extend the time you leave in car each day. Do not sleep with it near you unless your children are not sleeping home or are at a sleepover. Charge away from your bedroom. There is also a book i just started reading called “hands free mama” gives you ways to slowly break away from phone addiction. Give the small steps a try.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by jfrutrx.