Reply To: S.O.S. Trying to explain why I need private time afterwork

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults S.O.S. Trying to explain why I need private time afterwork Reply To: S.O.S. Trying to explain why I need private time afterwork

rowan
Participant

Such an awesome feedback post,

thank you Inkpool.

I think what we can take from this is the following:

1) Some genuinely good people out there who wish to empathize and share. there is a sense of shared burden and camaraderie in an ecosystem such as this, which is great for healing and growth. (I believe that ADHD is co-morbid with Depression and anxiety, thus i mention healing and growth)

2) A complex situation such as yours (complex, because there are multiple scripts playing out simultaneously) cannot be resolved in a single sentenced recommendation. Your pressure point has been reached because of multiple scenarios, that individually may be manageable (moving home, difficult parents, defrag time, etc), but throw them all together, and it can boil over. Although i dont know your specific details and circumstances, i would try identify the different elements, and unpack them individually, to see if you uncover anything that can help. it might also present the different challenges in manageable pieces.

i confess – i often talk to myself. intense debates. in depth scenarios where i role play and explain things to myself as if i was a stranger to ADHD et al. especially when i am driving. I hope people think i am talking on a hands free car kit. my point is that when i speak it, i also hear it, so i involve more of my senses, and this helps me to process and unpack better.

As for the trolls. if you are so good at deciphering others, then surely you have managed to decipher yourself to the point where group forums are of no value?