Reply To: Did anything you liked about yourself change with Medication?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Did anything you liked about yourself change with Medication? Reply To: Did anything you liked about yourself change with Medication?

CJ
Participant

I am much happier on medication, and am finally able to have a fulfilling career. I have inattentive ADD, and am now able to stay more focused on what is needed and move on from the distractions that keep me from being productive. It has not reduced creativity, but I am now able to find the time to be creative. Keep in mind that it will not cure ADHD, you still need to develop tools, and strategies to cope with the daily routines of life.

I take Concerta, but in two different doses. I take small does as soon as my alarm goes off, waking up is very hard for me and then take the larger does about an hour later. This allows for a more gradual entry into the bodies system and the effects last longer so I have coverage from morning until evening.

Remember if you try the medication and you find you don’t like the changes you can always stop.

All the best with your decisions.