Reply To: Did anything you liked about yourself change with Medication?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Did anything you liked about yourself change with Medication? Reply To: Did anything you liked about yourself change with Medication?

zack.c
Participant

I am 30 yr old male that recently restarted taking my Ritalin after a couple years off. I can tell you that I am much better now than I was before. I am more focused, able to stay on a normal routine, and still very productive. I say it’s almost like it slows me down, but it’s more like I get a millisecond to process a choice, rather than making spontaneous choices. I will say it’s very very very important to get a good nights rest. I need about 5-7 hours to perform at my highest abilities. I am not hurricane-like as much, but I still get as much, if not more done during the day. I would say the focus that I am able to obtain outweighs any of my characteristics that I might have lost, though I am not sure I lost anything. My wife enjoys me being on my meds too. I say the meds are totally worth it. I also have a great doctor who I can have open conversations with as well, which is a plus.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by zack.c.