Reply To: WARNING – A new generic Methylphenidate Er tab hit the market in December 2016

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child WARNING – A new generic Methylphenidate Er tab hit the market in December 2016 Reply To: WARNING – A new generic Methylphenidate Er tab hit the market in December 2016

VxBx
Participant

Unfortunately I don’t have specific information about Mylan, but I still wanted to send you my empathy. I’ve been on useless generics, feeling truly that I am losing my mind and then having the pharmacy tell me “it’s the same thing”… It’s so hard. Hang in there! It’s not you… you are not flat, miserable or disconnected. And you’re definitely not alone!

So far, all I could figure out is that we need to get the “authorized” generic, which is the brand name being marketed as a generic. Anything else and it doesn’t have the same release formula, might contain dyes (red #40 etc.) or other inactive ingredients that we can react to.

Let us know if you are able to achieve anything or figure it out? I would be happy to learn from your experience for sure!