Reply To: ADHD and Me: a story

snowgirl
Participant

Welcome and I think it is a good thing for you to be able to share your story and connect with those of us that also have ADD/ADHD as adults.

I also did not get dg. until later in life even though I had known for many years that I had it. I have two sons that do also. When they were dg. and I started reading and asking the Drs questions to help them I realized that I had always had ADD but when I was in school (many yrs. ago) kids with ADHD…. we’re thought of as either lazy, not smart, or troublemakers.. So I like you also had trouble in classes with the subjects I liked I did well and others I barely passed. I decided finally to seek a formal dg. just this year and am now even though my kids are grown to take meds and I am so glad I did. I wish I would have done it many years earlier.

I like you wish that the meds helped me in more areas of my life, but I also have found that I have found other ways over the years to compensate. In some ways that is helpful and others maybe not, but I too am looking for help through this site and therapy to find more answers.

Best of luck to you and keep seeking.