Reply To: getting through the school year/dealing with referrals

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents getting through the school year/dealing with referrals Reply To: getting through the school year/dealing with referrals

dragoncita
Participant

Thanks for your advice; I appreciate it.

Now I have a different problem. It seems he’s been stealing from kids at the school. Money. He’s gone into at least one backpack and one wallet and taken the money. He’s had problems before with taking things. He’s also using his lunch money to buy things (there’s a store at the school, of course) instead of food. He only copped to stealing the money when I told him there are video cameras (which is true). He only showed remorse after I looked really sad for about 24 hours (which I was). I just found out about the lunch money so I haven’t talked to him about it yet. There’s a big meeting with the school on Monday about it. We are on the same page about stealing money, though not about anything else. I just don’t know what to do. I’m so worried about my kid and I feel like there’s no one to support or help us. THanks for listening.