Reply To: Vyvanse on busy vs empty days

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Vyvanse on busy vs empty days Reply To: Vyvanse on busy vs empty days

justinattentive
Participant

Hi all,

Thanks for all your really helpful and considered comments. I’m going to reread them all and think how to proceed. Feels like it’s a chicken and egg thing – need the meds to help me build a life that’s conducive to good mental health, hard to judge the effects of the meds when I’m a mess. Got some relationship stuff happening too which can’t help. Still, there’ll be a way.

I should add, saying I feel I’m “on speed” was lazy and inaccurate. Part of the problem is there’s not much of a physical feeling to go with it, so there’s nothing to flag up my disproportionate responses as being the result of something chemical. Speed has a euphoric effect for most people anyway, afaik.

And I agree it’s mostly aimlessness when I’m left at home – but the sort of paralysed nervous avoidance aimlessness that makes it hard to enjoy myself and amplifies my bad habits. Punctuated by moments of high emotion.

An