Reply To: Help can’t find a med that worked as good as Focalin and I’m not sure what to do

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Help can’t find a med that worked as good as Focalin and I’m not sure what to do Reply To: Help can’t find a med that worked as good as Focalin and I’m not sure what to do

stech04
Participant

Hello, yes he seems to metabolize meds very quickly so what should be 9-12 hours of coverage will only last him 4 maybe 5 hours on extended release. I don’t notice much of a change on the lower dose concerta but I’m wondering if we should try daytrana as it is not delivered via the gastric system but the blood stream and maybe he will do better. Also it’s a consistent dose.

I talked to the doctor at lunch and she wanted to add another immediate release dose in the evening which puts him at 3 times a day for medication. The problem is when he is at school the nurse will give it but when he goes away with Boy Scouts or to his great Grandmas every weekend it is hard for them to remember all those doses and then he acts out and I hear about it.

He is not able to remember to take them without help even with the app that reminds him he won’t go take his meds someone had to physically give them to him.