Reply To: I feel so left out – it’s like I’m invisible. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults I feel so left out – it’s like I’m invisible. Any advice please? Reply To: I feel so left out – it’s like I’m invisible. Any advice please?

justin7278
Participant

Firstly why should you change? You sound perfectly normal to me👍 I’m exactly the same in a social situation with people who either don’t know I have adhd or who I choose not to tell them I have it! Usually because as we have adhd we have a great sense of who we should tell or who we shouldnt!! Who wouldn’t understand and most probably them who we don’t trust or we can see straight through.
Sounds to me that they are fighting for air space and trying to stamp there importance on them being there. Try to enjoy and make the most of your night out and if know one wants to listen it’s there loss. Chances are you will offer a far better conversation than those trying to get ahead!! Go out, enjoy yourself and if these people don’t want to know! It’s there loss. You can soon go back to your normal environment and laugh and joke with your husband and true friends