Reply To: Having Trouble Getting Diagnosis and Treatment – Starting to Give Up.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Having Trouble Getting Diagnosis and Treatment – Starting to Give Up. Reply To: Having Trouble Getting Diagnosis and Treatment – Starting to Give Up.

Spaceboy 99
Participant

Hey Sauron,

I don’t know where you are, so it’s hard to give you specific advice for how to proceed vis-a-vis referral (and to be honest, I only know the system in Norway, so I probably won’t be much help anyway), but my advice would be to contact your GP immediately with what the people at the place you were referred to said, and then see where that gets you.

I know how hard this is with ADHD, but until you have absolute confirmations of anything, you have to keep chasing them up, either the GPs, or the people they refer you to. Obviously give them a reasonable time frame to get back to you with appointments, etc., but follow up if you don’t hear anything. Ask how they’ll get in touch with you, and by when, and get contact details (where available) to get in touch if things go to pot.

I hope things pick up for you sometime soon. Best of luck!