Reply To: unsure about committing to a private diagnosis

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond unsure about committing to a private diagnosis Reply To: unsure about committing to a private diagnosis

anonymous
Participant

Update

Ok, so yesterday I was diagnosed with the inattentive sub-type of ADHD (Finally bit the bullet and booked an assessment)

It was something I had been suspecting of for the best part of a year so didn’t exactly come as a shock but was hugely relieving to find the reason as to why the last 18 years of my life have been like this, I’d like to thank ADHDmomma for finally convincing me to get it sorted out.

Hopefully the only way forwards from here is upwards and I don’t intend on the ADHD label affecting me as I am going to learn how deal with it, Concerta was recommended although at this point I’m unsure about the medication and would rather come up with strategies that deal with my inattention and other tendencies that come with ADHD.

Once again thank you, I will continue to use ADDITUDE to help with my progresson from here