Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

BethBeads
Participant

The best thing was leaving all my things behind. I Basically had 2 hours to pack.

Living now is so much easier. I dont have a huge clutter of things anymore and im making myself keep it simple.

My clothes are all the same color because i dont want to think about that. I buy 2 or 3 of the same shirt. I pretty much wear the same outfit everyday but its different clothes.
Women tend to become clothing hoarders.
If you dont wear it why save it? Its a size 3 and you have not been a size 3 in 12 years so chances of you ever going in that again shirt is pretty nill. Besides if you ever did go from the size 18 back to the size 3 girl again youre going to want new clothes for sure.

Dishes… Only 4 dishes plates bowls cups glasses utensils. The basic for pots and pans. Not 20 broken old sets. One set.

No small appliances i wont use. The weird as seen on tv grill/pot/pan/knife.

2 towels per person. When my sons were young they each had their own color. Their towel bowls cups were in their color so i always knew who left what towel where.

Buy nothing unless there is an absolute need. Your house will look empty. Which i find is much less stressful than clutter and over abundance.

If its not a holiday decoration or a tool, and you dont touch it at least every 6 months you dont need it.

Literally LESS is better.