Reply To: Hi new to the group

congaman59
Participant

Hello, my name is Jan G. Just to keep down confusion I am male. I live near Atl. I am an undergrad student at an SB. seminary. I am in the midst of a class that requires me to write a research paper. We use a form called Turabian which is pretty complicated, at least to me plus figuring out how to make MS word do what I need it to do. I have 3 weeks to turn in my finished paper and so far I have the introductory paragraph written. I have done a lot of research and have most of my sources but I am in a panic over how to organize them and make the paper make sense. I have taken this class 2 times before and withdrew because I couldn’t find enough resources for the topic I chose to write. This time the professor chose a group of topics and we chose from those. I chose “What did Paul mean by “The husband of one wife” in 1’st Timothy 3:2. I just feel like this is never going to get done because I can’t get my head wrapped around how to outline the paper and get it to come out right. What I mean is give enough weight to both sides of the argument without getting way too far in the weeds. I would feel a lot better working with someone who knew this process well. I don’t want someone to write the paper for me, just help me stay on track and help me strategize on the outline and help to organize my references. I also can use help with the Turabian formatting. The folks on campus have the luxury of friends who have done this that they can consult. I am at an extension center and I know no one who can help me. I really need an idea on someone to help me or a strategy to get this done. I have already missed the deadline to turn in the rough draft, but the professor is giving me some grace there. I need to have it in in the next couple of days. I have a good number of resources, some on one side or the other of the argument.
IF anyone knows who I should contact please let me know.
I am on my meds.