Reply To: Does my ADHD give me positive traits too?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums How to Use the ADDitude Forums Does my ADHD give me positive traits too? Reply To: Does my ADHD give me positive traits too?

thatsamora
Participant

If I had been diagnosed at that age, I probably could have written the same post. When I was 20 years old and in college, I was anxious and unfocused. I ended up dropping out for a while, and that was a major blow to my self-esteem. Of course, I had no idea about ADD. I was so anxious that I never took any risks. I would not describe myself as spontaneous in the LEAST.

I’m in my early 40s now, and I’ve never felt better. I got medicated for my anxiety (SSRI) and ADHD, and this combo has been life-changing. I’ve never had more self-confidence, control over my emotions, socially-secure, and adventurous.

My point is that I am sure that your talents are in there. You just having some growth coming. I think about how my life would have been different if I had been diagnosed at that age, and I am sad over the wasted years of wondering what was wrong with me. But you won’t feel like that forever!