Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy? Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

Sam k
Participant

I just typed into google ‘ADHD and feeling miserable’, your comment popped up! I just signed in to respond as I completely understand how you feel, you described it perfectly . Thats how I am feeling right now, I’m lying in bed thinking I’m nearly 40 and there’s so much I want to do and still haven’t. I have constantly underachieved, I earn a pittance, I just haven’t made my mark, I don’t feel any positive emotions. I was assessed last week, the psychologist was able to nail the problem this time as I emailed a list of all my difficulties, prior to the meeting to give her a heads up. She was able to identify adhd/ asd. I cried as I now understand the complete and utter hell inside my head all these years. I also suffer from bouts of crippling depression and anxiet and am too hard on myself, I am the worst I’ve ever been and won’t beable to see a doctor in a while for an official diagnosis, because the waiting list is so long.