Reply To: How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Health & Nutrition How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early? Reply To: How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early?

gote123
Participant

I was like you, the melatonin, the constant reassessments of my sleep hygiene, i tried everything!

Only 1 thing helped.

I HAD to get up EARLY!

I would wakeup between 3:30 and 4:30am every morning. If I “Slept in” I was out of bed by 5am at the latest – it felt like a lie in!

Before I entered this state I had to force myself to stay awake 24hrs + or as long as it took to be tired at the required time. I started going to bed at 10pm!

I realised i responded best between 5-6 hours sleep. Anymore and I over slept (10-12hrs)

Waking up early allowed me more time to “dezombify” before other distractions could come at me and let me get my workout in early.

This felt hard for 2 weeks after which I adapted and would wake at this time without an alarm clock.

Find a ritual that works for you and don’t sleep with your phone in bed.

Also just to let you know

My sleeping was FCKED,some days I would be awake for 48-72hrs – I worked 2 jobs with very little down time so if i couldn’t sleep…