Reply To: I’ve lost hope, will and desire to go on and keep trying

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame I’ve lost hope, will and desire to go on and keep trying Reply To: I’ve lost hope, will and desire to go on and keep trying

janag
Participant

Feeling excessively blessed to find this forum where we can relate to each other without prejudice and judgement.
I have never heard of sensitive dysphoria, yet when I googled it – all my emotional outbursts, breakdowns, meltdowns that I experienced during elementary, secondary school, college, university and even in social settings made all of sudden perfect sense in a sense of ADHD, sensitive dysphoria and the most importantly the element of rejection.

As far as I am concerned, the school settings have been always where ADHD would be rearing its ugly head and I would always go into full fledged anxiety.

I am studying my accounting qualification and recently I haven’t passed one of the exams.
i felt so depressed, defeated and discouraged that I was intending to pack up my staff, leave my husband and run far, far away.

Deep, intense, and persisting emotional pain that we sometimes experience is so hard to explain to ” healthy ” people. For instance, my husband is a picture of emotional stability, strength and endurance. He finds it very difficult to relate to my mood swings and emotional outbursts…