Reply To: To Have an IEP or 504 Plan or not to have?


Listen to Penny (ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism.) Do what you need to do for your daughter. You have the write to ask for a 504 plan. They should schedule an SST (student support team) meeting. This is the meeting of the principal, psych, teacher, and parent. Get a parent advocate if you need to. Your daughter is going through something that only others with a disorder can understand. Unfortunately, even teachers don’t have control. It could be a fight with admin.

Good luck!