Reply To: New doctor issues

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults New doctor issues Reply To: New doctor issues

LJinSoCal
Participant

My general practitioner have me a paper Questionnaire. I asked 20 questions with 10 each for Add and for hyperactivity. You can find it online.
Mentalhealthprofessionalsinc.com Adult and self-help scale (ASRS) symptom checklist Print it, complete it and take to dr.

My General practitioner began medicating me. Vyvanse worked but side effect made me dizzy all the time. Tests ensued for that symptom. I stood up for myself and asked for a different med. I named Strattera, etc. She finally sent me to Psych. I was impulsive, got speeding tickets. Couldn’t make connections. Always “on” but could never get enough done. She found a med that works for me. Best thing I ever did! I am feeling in control now.

Write things down. Read other people’s symptoms to aide you in making your own list. Even when you get a medication go see a family therapist with an adhd background. She/he will be a Godsend! This will help you monitor a new medication to make sure it is working for you.

Good luck!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by LJinSoCal.
  • This reply was modified 3 years ago by LJinSoCal. Reason: Text errors
  • This reply was modified 3 years ago by LJinSoCal. Reason: Errors
  • This reply was modified 3 years ago by LJinSoCal. Reason: typing errors