Reply To: Dismissed by my GP

bizybee05
Participant

Sending you a big {{{Hug}}}. I’ve been where you are, and you need to know that it will get better. After 50 years of living with CHAOS in my personal and business life, a friend suggested that I might have ADD. Once diagnosed with inattentive ADD and anxiety, my doctor and I chose medication. It has changed my life!

I also started reading everything I could find about Women and ADD. My suggestion would be to start with “Is it You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?”. I read this before I was diagnosed, and it helped me to understand my life. I’m sure others can suggest other books, and Amazon has a wide selection of books.

I also suggest you check out “FlyLady”. Her website and emails are a tremendous help to me. It’s been a long process, but I am getting my house and family on a clutter-less path. Her loving words have replaced the negative voices in my head from years of abuse at home and school.

You deserve to be treated kindly, and your son is blessed to have you as his Mom. You understand how he thinks and why he behaves the way he does. You can learn together and help him have a great childhood. Enjoy seeing life through his eyes!