Reply To: To Have an IEP or 504 Plan or not to have?

Jessicatag8199
Participant

I’m a 19 yr old college student who has lived through this but you don’t have to take my word for it though. But you and your daughter especially her are better off getting an IEP, I had one and it helped me get through school, especially when it came to tests because of an accommodation I had and still do have to this day and it was extra time. I was allowed to leave class and go to another classroom which was known as a skill development class. I was also allowed to have the test read to me too. I took concerta for majority of my life until I was maybe 15 or 16 yrs old because it wasn’t working as well as it used to now I’m on Adderall, which is helping me better to concentrate.

Your daughter can get accommodations for her IEP as I did with mine if your daughters’ school has lockers and hers is far away from her next class ask whoever you need to talk to if she can leave a few minutes early if she needs to. It helped me not feel so rushed and worried about being late to class because without it I would’ve been late to my classes.

I dont know if this helped you any…