Reply To: Behavior Issues in School

sandra.gonda
Participant

This is the first I have been on here. My son who is 9 has been on medication since he was 4 years old.
Many different ones. He is disruptive, ODD, ADHD, has meltdowns. Alot, Some years are better when he gets great teachers and great school environment. One year, month, week, day or even hour of inconsistency and not caring attitude, low tolerance and frustration level from adults around him, he regresses and has meltdown. We have struggled for 5 years and he’s on his 3rd school just this year. I wish i had more and better advice. We have had it all, FBA, pscyho evals, best doctors and drained our savings. the fact is school will do what they want and only takes one adult in his surrounding to make things go seriously south. So even in the best schools or best laid BIP plan, it’s only as good as those CARING for your child. The word is CARING. If they are treated like just another child that needs to be whipped into compliance, it only makes things worse. I wish I could help my son as well but I guess the only thing we can do is love them UNCONDITIONALLy because finding the older they get, the more adults around him do not