Reply To: Daydreaming

Ranma
Participant

Yep, most likely you could have ADHD, back in grade and high school that’s what got me in the most trouble, I would get high marks in classes that interested me and fail the boring ones, some were so boring I’d fall asleep (slept through my freshman year of algebra, the class was boring enough, but the teacher had a monotone drone that made it much worse)
But only reason I can come up with for why they didn’t catch it for me is, I’m not energetic, I have inattentive ADHD, back then they only tested you if you were obviously hyperactive.
So I was labeled lazy, uncooperative and problem child, in EIGHT years of seeing counselors twice a week and them telling me it’s my fault I’m just doing this on purpose to get attention, you’d think that someone along the way would have said what the heck lets test you for ADHD and see what happens.
You do great in some classes but not on others, just like the hyper kids (hmmm I wonder)
At lest they’re going to test you and find out for sure so you won’t get s***wed over like so many of us older adults did.
Good luck, hope they can get you the help you need (that I never got, sorry YES I’m bitter about it) but I do wish you all the luck.