Reply To: A friend upset me… destroyed me for the week.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls A friend upset me… destroyed me for the week. Reply To: A friend upset me… destroyed me for the week.

Tomhurting
Participant

Hmm AnneHW.. I hear what you’re saying, but I am doing the work. I first sought help for mental health issues when I was 16. I’m 43 now. I’ve tried various anti depressants and ADHD meds. Nobody can figure it out. It’s frustrating asking so many different people for help and not getting any solutions.

The obsessive love is concerning, yes. But I gave her everything I had and treated her very well and all I wanted was someone who would stick around to work on our issues – it wasn’t all me though it seems all the blame falls on me. The day she dumped me she told me she loved me, in fact she was still saying so after she left.

As for whether it’s ADHD or not I’m not sure. There is an article on this site about rejection sensitive dysphoria. It discusses this situation and claims the majority of people with ADHD can/do experience this.

I am wondering whether there is an emotional component to ADHD which according to the article there is.